Communicate as a Leader
To be a leader, it is very important to understand and chose how to communicate. Many of us take too much time and energy to communicate but end up creating a wrong impression.
There are 4 levels of people based on how they communicate.
- People those who talk about their worries most of the time.
- They are not interested in listening but will transfer their pain.
- Example – the news readers, gossipers.
- People those who engage and entertain others.
- Unlike the complainers, they understand the needs of the opponents and talk accordingly.
- Nonetheless, they are not good listeners.
- They just pass time by talking/pouring information.
- They tend to keep the flow of information in one-way.
- Example – talk-shows, co-passengers.
- People those who really transfer meaningful information and thoughts and create the same feeling in others mind.
- They listen and receive feedback from the listeners.
- They will engage in a two-way information flow.
- People those who can inspire others through their verbal and non-verbal communications.
- They transfer the information along with a strong feeling or emotion.
- They can elevate and alter the way others think and motivate them towards action.
By observing how people communicate, the level at which they respond, we can easily distinguish a Leader from a commoner.
People inadvertently choose the level where they operate by choosing how the communicate.