With CII Centre for Manufacturing Excellence, Mumbai.
Online Workshop on
5S and Shopfloor Productivity
9 – 10 February 2021 – 3.00 – 6.00 p.m.
To accomplish the Missions of building India as a manufacturing hub of the globe, manufacturing companies have to rapidly improve their Operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Keeping this in mind, CII Naoroji Godrej Centre of Manufacturing Excellence has scheduled the captioned online programme. Details of the programme are as given below
5S is the secret of Japanese success in continually improving manufacturing plants’ productivity, elevating safety levels on the shop floor and enhancing the morale of the employees.
5S is not all about housekeeping and cleaning. But it is the simplest productivity improvement methodology. Everyone can successfully implement, every day, everywhere – at every organisation’s size, whether it is a manufacturing, tool room, bank counter, restaurant, hospital, medical shop, IT company or be your home.
Objectives – The workshop is designed to
- Provide theoretical knowledge about 5S,
- Practical cases of implementation and
- Equip participants to implement the steps.
Take Aways – At the end of the program participants will appreciate
- The philosophy of 5S
- Step by step approach to implement 5S for productivity improvement
- Impact of 5S on
- Equipment Availability & Utilisation
- Cost reduction
- Space utilisation and saving
- morale of staff
Target Audience – This program is focused at Middle-Level Managers, Junior / Entry Level Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, From Production, Quality, Maintenance, Procurement, Material Handling and Supply Chain and Business Excellence Functions from Manufacturing Industries.
Faculty – Mr L S Kannan has done his MBA in General Management. He is a Post Graduate in Chemistry, Gold Medallist in Under Graduation and a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001.
His Professional Experience include –
• Lean Six Sigma Implementation • Lean Transformation • SMEs: Spearheaded the Lean Cluster Projects with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. • Training: Delivered more than 200 training programmes on Lean Principles, Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Workstation Design, TPM, Autonomous Maintenance, Problem Solving, Poka-Yoke, Lean Six Sigma, BPMS, Lean in Service, Statistical Process Control, ISO Systems, Pharma CAPA, Design of Experiments, Minitab, etc.
He has 7+ years of experience in Consulting and Training, with overall 15 years of industry experience and has worked with chemical Processing, Pharma, Food, Animal Feed, Nutraceuticals, Auto Components, Engineering, Engineering Services, Fabrication, White Goods, FMCG, Mining, Medical Devices, Packaging, Telecommunication, Logistics, Non-Banking Financial Institution, Insurance, ITES, BPO, SMEs, Industry Associations and Govt Organisations.
For nominations & enquires please write to
Confederation of Indian Industry
CII Naoroji Godrej Centre of Manufacturing Excellence