Lean BPR Workshop is designed to cater the needs of Leaders, Managers and Decision Makers of Service Sector companies. This creative methodology enables participants to think beyond current constraints and encourages innovation and disruption among the organisation.
What is BPR?
Business Process Reengineering is the radical redesign of core processes to achieve dramatic improvements in productivity and associated cost of the process.
Lean BPR is the methodology, CSense adapts to compensate shortcomings of the traditional approach of BPR.
What is Lean BPR?
We inculcate Lean Thinking (the purpose) into Business Process Reengineering (the powerful tool) to make is more meaningful and effective. With Really Radical Approach to Future State (or the Ideal State of Business), this methodology challenges policies, people, processes, and practices, serving as a start point of Disruption and Innovation. Lean BPR involves following steps
With Really Radical Approach to Future State (or the Ideal State of Business), this methodology challenges policies, people, processes, and practices and status quo. The program serves as a start point of Disruption and Innovation.
Lean BPR involves following steps
- Redefine Value: Understand changing customer needs, as on date and define their demand and requirements.
- Create Future State: ‘Visualising a smooth flow of value addition without thinking about present constraints’. The Lean BPR approach is effective to have dramatic improvements in the process.
- Map Current State: Going beyond the applicability of Value Stream Map (VSM), with simple process maps and brown paper exercise/whiteboard exercise.
- Optimise: Identify your constraints. They prevent the process from reaching the ideal state. Then optimise the process with the existing level of skills, technology, and automation.
- Continual Improvement: Keep improving the process until it reaches ideal state – a journey towards perfection with purpose and prioritised project areas.
BPR – Course Contents
- What is a Business Model?
- What is Value?
- Voice of Customer
Create Future State
- What is velocity?
- Lean & Cash-to-cash Cycle
- Transactional Value Addition
- Radical New Design of Process
Map Current State
- Process Maps (Level 2 o 4)
- Application of Spaghetti Diagram into transaction processes
- Process Alignment Analysis
- Value / Non-Value Analysis
- Shortcut to identify wastes in process: List of 5 wastes in Service
- Constraints & Identification of Constraints
- Problem Understanding & Definition
- Critical Questioning Techniques
- Process Optimisation Tools
- Queue control
- Setup time reduction
- Poka Yoke
- Concept of Continual Improvement
- Pipeline Project Identification & Prioritisation
- Concept of Constraint shift
- Management of Improvements
- Measurement and tracking
Simulation: Manufacturing Simulation to understand the importance of BPR and application of learned tools.
Course Duration: 2 Days – 16 Hours
- Team Leaders, Project Managers and key people from IT and services company, looking for re-engineering the processes and improving efficiency
- Managers involved in Process Re-engineering initiatives or Transformation from Manufacturing, Engineering, and Auto companies
- Key decision makers from any business interested in innovation and disruption